Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sidewalk Chalk Paint...where have you been all my life?

I will happily admit I have parenting guilt issues.
For example, I barely watch TV in my own life, therefore I am zealous to the point of loony-toon sometimes about my daughter not watching TV.
Do I give in for movies when she's sick? Or an afternoon rainy day hour of Phineas and Ferb?
Yes, yes I do.
But every time I do it I send my husband the same text "Is it ok that I'm giving her an hour of TV?".
This is hilarious because my husband is not nearly as psycho about the TV time as I am, but bless his soul every time he sends me back a loving response that reminds me TV watching time in no way makes someone a bad mother. Which I know. I really, really do.
But I have a hard time not judging myself...everyone else I'm a really big, live and let live person, but I slam myself for silly things.

So now that confession time is out of the way, I needed an activity today to avoid the TV. A quick one. One that would entertain us for a solid hour preferably outside.
A google of sidewalk chalk paint lead me here, where I found the super easy recipe, 1 part cornstarch, 1 part water, and food coloring!
Rock on my friends, rock on!
It took some serious stirring to break up the lumps but we had a great activity in the afternoon and I avoided the inevitable and ridiculous guilt ridden text to my husband.
The colors dry very vibrant and pretty...probably even more so on a clean sidewalk!

No comments: