Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Poncho, Poncho

I love the way ponchos look...on everyone else.
But every time I put one on I feel like I can't quite get it right.
Hence I have had this poncho for 4 years and couldn't figure out how to wear it:
So I decided to just call a spade a spade, I cannot wear ponchos.
So I made it in to a sweater!

Step 1: Remove cowl neck, veeeery carefully so the neck hem remains in tact.
Step 2 Put poncho on inside out, and pin where you have to sew to make sleeves.
Step 3: Sew the sleeve seam, then carefully cut along it
Step 4: Sew the seam closed that will now be the body of the sweater on both sides.
Step 5: Turn right side out.
I added a Step 6: Sew fabric to pockets because I had this fun fabric and loved it.
And if you have a two year old girl I recommend Step 7, which is sew a piece of fabric around the bottom of the cowl neck, insert elastic, new skirt!

No comments: