Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Apples + Cheddar + Dijon dressing = Perfect salad!

I love salad.
No, really.
I'm one of those weirdos who actually looks forward to having a salad, who craves one not because I feel guilty about a weekend bender, but because I genuinely love greens and veggies.
Especially in delightful combinations like an apple, cheddar salad.
I put this on iceberg, yes I know iceberg is like the bastard child of lettuces to most health nuts, but for this salad it's perfect. Crispy, super crunchy, lets the subtle apple and cheese tastes shine through.
And I slice some red onion on mine because frankly I could eat red onions all day every day but the husbando disapproves.

But what REALLY makes the salad is the dressing!
Combine 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon of honey, a drizzle of olive oil, a splash of red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
Makes the perfect amount for two delectable salads, and a good way to get rid of your apples from the orchard without making another pie (you know who you are).

No comments: