Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Night out!

There is a silver lining to turning 30...all my friends are too and that means PARTIES!
Lots of parties, where I get to be semi-dressed up, laugh, joke and stay up way later than I have in years.
This is what I wore to a friend's party, complete with a DIY necklace that was super easy and ridiculously cheap.

And yes those are gray jeggings. I'm not sure yet how I feel about jeggings in general, but I can tell you I love how they stay in the boots with no retucking all night.

To make the necklace you need 1 foot of chain (mine was a whopping $0.24 at Lowes), ribbon (the length you want your necklace to be plus enough to tie it, PLUS 2 inches to make up for knot tying), and leftover fabric for making small fabric rosettes.
Step 1: Knot the ribbon to the chain, thread the ribbon through the chain and tie it at the other end.


Step 2: Make fabric rosettes by cutting a one inch wide piece of fabric about a foot long and twisting it until it rolls in on itself and wraps up. Hot glue flowers to the ribbon.

Step 3: Tie it on.

My hair is uber-frizzy in this post and I contemplated photoshopping it a bit but I've decided that is just not my style. I'm writing this blog because I like sharing, not because I want to look perfect. That's just silly.

No comments: