Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Cinnamon Sugar Butter...aka Stepha's Seven

I love my friends, I really do.
Until they do something evil like post a picture of Land O Lakes new Cinnamon Sugar Butter on their Facebook pages.
Then, I kind of hate them.
I present to you a super easy recipe to make the butter at home, with ingredients I bet you already have in the pantry.
I'm titling this recipe, Stepha's Seven in honor of the approximately 7 pounds I expect to gain this week from the butter.

In a bowl stir together:
1/2 stick of butter, softened (room temperature, not out on the counter for 5 minutes)
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
Mix it all together in the bowl using a regular metal spoon. You can try to get fancy and use silicone or some other snazzy utensil but it won't work as well as a regular soup spoon, because you can smush it, and meld it, and beat the bejesus out of the butter. Don't get fancy.

Yes, it tastes just like the butter at Texas Roadhouse.
Of course, I also had to make a batch of pumpkin muffins to go with this, which incidentally I highly recommend, great combo! Since the teaspoon of olive oil really makes this spreadable you don't abuse the muffin at all.
I also plan on mixing it in to some roasted sweet potatoes, and maybe trying it on a grilled cheese filled with brie and apple slices.

Stepha, I love you.....and I hate you.

No comments: