Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

Tonight's dinner was decidedly divided.
First, the good news, homemade honey mustard makes a wonderful "wet" portion of a dredge for turkey cutlets.
Just mix up 1/8 cup of honey, 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard and a splash of heavy cream, and use in place of eggs before coating the cutlets in breadcrumbs. I highly recommend a whisk for this because the honey is a little resistant to co-mingling.
I baked the turkey cutlets at 375 for 10 minutes (they were super thin), and they came out crispy and delicious.
Now for the bad news.
I thought I was having a moment of inspired genius. With one potato left in the house I decided, creamy yogurt potatoes, that's what I want for a side dish. I add plain yogurt to mashed potatoes and its delicious, I bake Tandoori chicken in plain yogurt with spices, why not combine the two?
So I confidently stirred the diced potato, about a cup of plain yogurt, scallions and parsley together. I loaded it in to a dish and put it in the oven with the cutlets.
Horrendous.
The yogurt did this weird separation thing, the parsley was totally overwhelming, and the whole thing was just a mess. So in to the trash it went:
My husband was even a good sport enough to try closing his eyes, thinking maybe the visual was making it worse, but alas.
You can't win them all!

No comments: