Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls

This summer I was fortunate enough to stumble across a cinnamon roll recipe that I have had since probably 2002 or so. It was from Vegetarian Times magazine, and I remember ripping it out and thinking "Wow, that's the only cinnamon roll recipe that has ever seemed easy enough for me to actually try making".
Apparently after saying that I never made it.
Until this summer.
And they are in face glorious, and easy cinnamon rolls.
However, since it's fall, I had to do them up Autumn-Style!

Honestly, at the moment I don't have the energy to type out the whole recipe, I promise I'll update that part soon.
But the important part is:
If you're making cinnamon rolls with any recipe, even pop-open-the-can, you can make the delicious pumpkin frosting that really makes these special.

Whisk together:
2 Tbsp canned pumpkin
2 Tbsp whipped cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 - 1 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar
Spread over the rolls while they're still warm after they come out of the oven.
Heaven.

No comments: