Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Sally Hansen Fearless Fig

You can thank me later.
Sally Hansen Fearless Fig is probably the most perfect fall nail color ever. It's that hard to get blend of slate and gray and a little purple. I'm in love.
I almost NEVER paint my nails, here are the many reasons why:
1. I have a 2 year old.
2. I have never been able to bring myself to buy gloves for dishwashing, I know it would save my nails but it's also admitting that I spend that much time doing dishes. The purchase just feels like defeat.
3. If I'm not chasing after a 2 year old it's because I'm typing, very polish detrimental.
4. I don't have an artistic bone in my body and the simple task of putting two coats and a top coat on takes about 45 minutes and minimum 6 q-tips to clear around the edges (please note I obviously missed this step on my pinkie when you see the picture).
5. I have a 2 year old.

But when I saw this color I couldn't resist. I wore it to the party Saturday, then had to reapply 1 coat and a top coat today (yes, 2 days later) because I'm going to work tomorrow and I like to pretend that I'm not a total disaster when I'm there.
So go seek out the color! And this will probably be the last time you see anything nail related on this blog.

1 comment:

Tayla said...

Ok, so my neighborhood CVS does not carry 'Fearless Fig' (do we think there's a regional difference or just that they haven't updated the supply at mine yet?), but 'Slick Slate' was pretty close and I'm loving it. Thanks for the inspiration! I never paint my nails anymore...