Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's a whipped up racket!!

Whipped cream cheese and I used to have a love/hate relationship, so much easier to spread than block cream cheese, but for some reason 3 times more expensive.
We now have a solidly love/love relationship since I started making my own.
Take THAT Philly and your ridiculous $3.85 tub of cream cheese that's mostly just air! You won't be reeking your wallet havoc in this house anymore!

So, thanks to my Kitchen Aid and 4 tablespoons of milk, I turned two blocks of "sure to demolish a toasted english muffin" in to light, fluffy, super spreadable goodness. That's right, just put two blocks of cream cheese in your Kitchen Aid (a handmixer with a whisk attachment would work too), put on the whisk attachment, and add 4 tablespoons of milk, and whip on medium/high speed for 5-6 minutes. Use the savings to get yourself an afternoon coffee.

It's not the best picture, but you get the idea:

No comments: