I have a total backlog of blog stuff to post! I had to choose between this, the yummiest breakfast ever, and a little party hosting "cookie swap" blog. So I will start with the Christmas wreath and you can look forward to the other two in the next few days!
Pinterest is such a great place to get new ideas from! I made a Christmas wreath for the front door and started with a 6 foot long piece of foam pipe from the plumbing section of Lowes. Never in a million years would have come up with this if I hadn't seen it on Pinterest.
You will need: Foam piece, duct tape, various fabrics, hot glue, embellishment (I used mini jingle bells)
Here are the steps:
Cut the foam to desired size for your wreath, I cut it down to 4.5 feet.
Cut a piece of fabric 1" wider than the width of the tube, and 1" longer than the length.
Pin the fabric right sides together and sew in to a tube, open on both ends.
Slide the foam piece in to the fabric tube.
Duct tape the tube together.
Pull the fabric together to cover the entire tube and hand stitch in place ends together.
I made a little door hanger with fabric at this point and wrapped it around the top of the wreath, but you could easily sew on a loop of ribbon and it would work just as well.
Next cut three pieces of fabric about 20-25 inches long and 3-4 inches wide. I used three different fabrics for this. Fold them in half the long way, with right sides facing out and sew a basting stitch across the top, do not back stitch at either end. Tie a knot in one end and then holding one piece of the opposite thread begin gathering the material in to a ruffle. (There are awesome videos on You Tube if you search for "how to make a ruffle")
Roll them up counter clockwise in to flowers.
Hot glue the flowers on the wreath, using embellishments in the center if you wish. I think that gems would look really adorable here too. I added a little red sparkly something that I had lying around from a Michaels after-Christmas super sale two years ago.
When I hung my wreath because the foam base is so light it titled toward the embellished side so I had to use duct tape to secure it straight up and down.