Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holiday Decorations

Thought I would take this post to share a few of my favorite holiday decorations in my house.
We had a great time setting up for Christmas on Sunday, we put on A Christmas Story, busted out the ornaments, and repeatedly told our daughter that Christmas was still REALLY far away, and Santa only brings a few things. This is something we've been reiterating lately, lest she get caught up in what she sees in her rare moments of TV watching, or hears from playmates. We are firm believers in making Christmas about sharing a special time with family and friends and enjoying each others company, and being grateful.

That said, I do LOVE how the house looks decked out for the holidays and I think there's something super special about welcoming the season by bringing some additional sparkle in to our house (because honestly, sparkle rules).

Ornaments hung from our dining room chandelier with regular wrapping ribbon, just curled the ends. I would have used fancy ribbon but it's a pain in the bottomus to get through those teeny ornament hanger holes.

This is a super fun cookie jar that my aunt bought us a few years ago and every time I unwrap it I smile! Cookies only last in there for about a day, but it's so whimsical and fun! The other item is a hot chocolate frother. You may have seen these out and thought "That's ridiculous why would anyone buy that?" well let me tell you, you're missing out if you left it on the shelf. It delivers hot chocolate that is unparalleled and kids love using it. If you see one for $15 or under get it!

This is my little snowman family, from left to right, a sugar bowl, creamer, salt and pepper shaker. So tacky. So fun. Sometimes you've got to roll with the ceramic snow figurines and revel in your holiday lack of taste. Own it.

No comments: