Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Jalapeno and Honey. Filed under "Who Knew?"

Turns out that jalapeno and honey is freaking delicious.
Officially on my list of "Who Knew?"
I was inspired by an appetizer at a friend's house the other day, a delicious combination of honey, jalapeno and cream cheese on Ritz crackers (perhaps I should get that recipe to share on here as well!).
So tonight I made this, another dish full of fall colors:
To make, preheat your oven to 400 degrees, peel and cut two sweet potatoes, toss with olive oil and cinnamon and bake for 18 minutes.
While they are baking heat olive oil in a skillet and add a package of frozen corn, when heated through add 1/2 a large onion and two cloves of garlic, minced.
Sautee for about 5 minutes, then add a can of black beans, half a can of sliced jalapenos (chopped), 1/4 cup of honey, 1 1/2 teaspoons of nutmeg and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cumin.
When the sweet potatoes are done add them to the skillet and gently stir (don't crush the sweet potatoes).
Serve with flour tortillas for wrapping (mine are homemade from this recipe, with no alterations because it is absolutely phenomenal, I use the vegetable oil), and a mix of shredded cheddar and feta cheese.
I am a mostly non-meat eater so I'm always trying to come up with delicious meat free meals that pass the test with the husbando. This was a total hit!
Enjoy!

No comments: