Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Divine kitchen inspiration

Somehow last night I received divine inspiration and made the following meal from what was in my kitchen, which was great because I really did not have the energy for the grocery store:
For the homemade baguette I use this recipe, http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/french-baguettes/Detail.aspx with the following adjustments, no bread machine (they're evil, just ask America's Test Kitchen), an extra 1/2 tsp of salt, and a pan of water in the oven to make the outside crispier.
The homemade hummus is my usual recipe, can of chicpeas, two cloves of garlic chopped, salt and pepper, covered with olive oil and baked at 350 for 20 minutes, then mashed.
The tzitziki (Greek friends help me out with this spelling), super easy 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt, 1 clove of garlic chopped, small piece of cucumber (no seeds) and a teeny dash of vinegar. It's perfect with fried zucchini!
Mixed greens are from my garden (so proud!!), with a simple dressing, 1 part olive oil, 1 part red wine vinegar, juice of 1/2 a lime, sprinkle of cumin and 1 tsp of honey.
Served up with Blue Hill Brewery's Black Hops.
Worth every freaking-fracking calorie.

No comments: