Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Nachos...you will thank me.

I love buffalo chicken, I love nachos, I am through the freaking roof with joy when I can combine them together.

Here it is, my buffalo chicken nacho recipe, no the measurements are exact, these are nachos, experiment a little:

Ingredients:
1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 garlic clove
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 pound chicken, boiled and shredded
Franks Red Hot Buffalo sauce
Bag of tortilla chips (I like Santitas b/c they're yummy and $2)
Small can sliced olives
1 tomato chopped
2 scallions chopped
6 ounces of shredded cheddar
2 ounces crumbled blue cheese

1. Combine first three ingredients in a food processor (a hand held blender will work fine too), set aside
2. Toss shredded chicken in Buffalo sauce depending on your taste, I use almost a half a bottle
3. Lay a single layer of chips on a baking sheet (preferably with a rim)
4. Top with dollops of black bean dip, followed by evenly sprinkling chicken over
5. Evenly distribute scallions, olives and tomato
6. Top with shredded cheddar and blue cheese
7. Bake at 350 until cheese has melted

You could serve these with salsa or sour cream, but the black bean dip pretty much makes it so that they don't need any additional condiments.
Again, since they're nachos these are just my preferences, you may want more or less chicken, same with the cheese. I personally don't like to "overcheese" my nachos so this is on the lighter side.

This is how they look before cheese, could easily be eaten dairy free.
Feel free to post any questions!

No comments: